Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Travel Advice

Hey again!
So when planning my trip, I concentrated on information and details I read in 3 travel guides. I also consulted the internet but the bulk of my information was definitely from these books.

In my opinion, the BEST travel guide for Scandinavia is Lonely Planet's Scandinavia Europe (2009). This book was extremely useful as it included Iceland as well as day trips to Estonia (aka my trip). I will be taking this book on my trip with me because the maps are so detailed and even though it's almost 2 years old, the information seems to be pretty up-to-date from internet searches I have done.
You can buy this book off Amazon for just under $20!



The second travel guide I consulted was the Rough Guide to Scandinavia (2009). I'm not a huge fan of the layout of their book as I'm biased towards Lonely Planet but it did still offer a lot of information.

You can buy this for roughly the same price at Amazon!


The last book I consulted was my go-to European handbook. It was Lonely Planet Europe on a Shoestring (2009). This book, unlike the previous two, offer budget saving tips as well as over-all attractions and travel information for ALL of Europe. So all the countries I was visiting were included. Also since I decided to do as last minute stop to the Netherlands I retrieved all my information about it from this book.
  This book is a couple dollars more but well worth it at Amazon!


No comments: